- A Help Desk is a resource designed for IT users to contact when they are having problems with their IT services.
- Help Desks institute a multi-tiered trouble shooting approach by having personnel with extensive technical knowledge available.
- Implementation of this multi-tiered support varies widely within companies.
- In one company it may be one person with a wealth of knowledge carrying a cell phone..
- In another company it may be several people who perform some of the support in house and several people from another company that are contracted for additional support.
- In another company it may be a multitude of people within their own company performing all levels of support.
Standards implemented by a best practices Help Desk at iPrimitus:
We at iPrimitus follow the most strategic method of implementing a Help Desk that is by following the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices. An ITIL best practices Help Desk includes:
- Single point of contact (SPOC) for IT interruptions
- Computer or Software consultations
- Tracking capabilities of all incoming problems
- Problem escalation procedures
- Problem resolution
- Change and Configuration Management
- Service Level Agreements
Implementation of best practices for Help Desk services is outlined in the Service
Management best practices section of ITIL version 3.Specifically these areas include:
- Knowledge Management : Our Help Desk has a system that improves operational efficiencies by reducing the time spent to rediscover previous incidents or problems.
- Problem Management : Our Help Desk has a system that gathers information during incident management to help spot problems. This system will identify the root cause of frequent recurring incidents by capturing information in a knowledge base.
- Access Management : Our Help Desk acts as the keeper of the user accounts along with password resets. Single ownership by the Help Desk will ensure quicker response time for end users with user or password problems.
- Service Catalog : Our Help Desk should have a published service catalog, ideally with pricing information included and with detailed service descriptions.
Service Components of iPrimitus’s IT Help Desk
First and Second Level Support: for logging, tracking, resolution, and
reporting of help desk incidents and service requests. Involves activities associated
with restoring normal service operations as quickly as possible and minimizes
the adverse impact on business operations.
Service Request Management: encompasses all activities - from accepting
and logging of a service request, to request prioritization, request fulfillment, and
Global Account Management Automation: of user provisioning and
de-provisioning processes, using workflow and identity management tools from IBM,
CA or Sun.
Service Readiness and Improvement: iPrimitus’s Service Readiness
team acts as an enabler in supporting new applications, software, and hardware
rollouts, and in bringing changes to the environment. Operational improvements are
made by reducing the number of tickets, reducing recurring incidents, and performing
effective root cause analysis, problem management, and more.
Critical Incident Management: for critical incidents, the CIM team
immediately swings into action, opens up a conference bridge, coordinates for resolution
with multiple parties, and sends regular updates to business and IT stakeholders
based on the escalation matrix.
iPrimitus’s 24×7 Help Desk Services Include:
- Calls answered by skilled technical support engineers 24x7x365, not an answering or dispatch service
- Above industry average First Call Resolve (FCR) rate
- World Class CAN DO customer service commitment for every request
- Our 24×7 Help Desk professionals strive to exceed client expectations on every call
- Any combination of on-site, dispatched or remote help desk services (staff augmentation)
- Access to your own secure self-service portal to request assistance and view status of tickets
- Private label service and portal branding available
- Access to three redundant Help Desk centers in different states
- Support for desktops, MAC’s, laptops, servers, MS exchange, VoIP sets and mobile devices
- Support for multi-location environments, including most international locations
- Tiered service level support with custom Service Level Agreements (SLA) requirements, are available
- All popular operating systems, hardware and software platforms supported
- ITIL-based incident and problem management toolsets and processes utilized
- Remote control license support
- New machine setups and training if needed
- New employee onboarding training and exit services
- Change management and Configuration management support.
- Ability to manage multiple devices at various locations connected to multiple clouds and carriers
- Incident and Problem management through an advanced trouble ticketing platform
- Ticket management and vendor liaison for third party and carrier issues
- Index logs for all critical IT services including remote access logs
- Comprehensive customized monthly reports detailing key SLA metrics and 24×7 Help Desk response times
We offer customers the benefit of our Help Desk services in two distinct ways:
24x7 Support Help Desk:
Unlimited true 24x7 live Help Desk support is available in our service plans.
Our Help Desk is staffed around the clock with certified technical network
consultants available to provide immediate assistance.
Private Labeled Help Desk:
Whether your customers need technical, product or application support, the iPrimitus
Help Desk support service can be branded and tailored to meet your specific requirements.
We know how to run a busy help desk. And we’re confident that we can run yours.
iPrimitus can provide a full or part-time outsourced help desk service,
application support center or service desk for your own employees or customers.
Don’t be at risk because you don’t have the skill sets and the coverage to run your
IT infrastructure in a 24×7 environment.Contact Us now to learn more.